Does working in real estate really make you happy?
How about watching Titanic for the 30th time wrapped up in a blanket while someone else makes you a hot turkey sandwich on toasted Challah bread? 👀
To help you make up your mind , we decided to make this list showing you what it’s really like when Realtors decide to work the holidays.
So grab a (virgin?) eggnog, get comfortable, and let’s dive in.
1. When A Buyer’s Agent Begs You for a Showing on Christmas Eve Because They Promised Their Buyer
2. When You Ask Real Estate Coach Leigh Brown for Advice on How to Sell Houses When it’s Cold Out
3. When The Phone Keeps Ringing and You’re The Only Agent in The Office
4. When The Lockbox is Frozen Shut & You Have VIP Buyers With You
5. When Your Junior Agent Asks for Better Leads After Taking 3 Weeks off
6. When You Have to Draw up a Lease But You Have Friendsgiving Dinner Plans
7. When Someone Asks You Why You’re Working the Holidays
8. When You Get Nothing but Crummy Zillow Leads All Week
9. When Your Buyer Wants to Make an Offer & The Listing Agent is Working the Holidays Too
10. When Your Managing Broker Sends You a Sweet Referral Lead he Didn’t Have Time for
11. When Your Annoying Cousin Brags About Working in PR But You Made Way More $$ Last Year
12. When Your Buyer Thinks They’re Going to See 15 Listings on New Year’s Day
13. When Someone Asks for a 9:30pm Showing But Then You Remember You’re Broke
14. When it’s Slower Than You Thought it Would be and You’re Waiting on a Check
15. When a Coworker Says They Had a Great Holiday & You closed 2 Deals & Still Managed to See Family
16. When Your Seller Mentions that You Haven’t Had Many Showing Requests for Their Listing
17. When Your Buyers Complain That There Aren’t Enough Listings to See
18. When it Looks Like All Your Deals are Going to Close Before You Take a REAL Vacation in February
19. When You Decide to Hit the Bar With Your Team After Work & They Ask You What You Want
20. When a Rental Client is Desperate to Move in ASAP But Ignored Your Calls Last Week
21. When You Start Bonding With the Only Other Agent in The Office After a Few Drinks
22. When You Try Out Some Super Basic Pitches Because Why Not?
23. When You Get Desperate & Take Out a Less Than Qualified Buyer
24. When a Noobie Realtor Asks How to Close Deals in the Winter
25. When You Finally Have a Few Hours to Take Your Kid to the Movies
BONUS: When Someone Asks You If You’re Going to Work The Holidays Again next Year
Over to You
Have you worked the holidays in the past? Working this year? Share your stories in the comments!