“You want me to pay how much for real estate apps?!!”
If you’re a new agent, or even an experienced agent looking to free up some cash for Zillow Premier Agent or Facebook ads, finding awesome free real estate software isn’t easy.
Luckily, we have you covered. We put together this list of the best free real estate software and apps available for Realtors in 2018.
Oh yeah, we’re also going to continually update this list as new apps get released, or formerly paid platforms offer a free version to stay competitive. Bookmark this page to stay in the loop.
Without further ado, here is out list of the best free real estate software and apps of 2018.
1.Dotloop (Transaction management software)Over the past few years transaction management platform Dotloop has slowly started to become the dominant player in the industry. Since competition in the enterprise space is fierce, Dotloop has smartly released a free version for individual agents.
What do Realtors Use Dotloop For?
If you’ve never used Dotloop before, get ready to have your stack of papers and smudgy PDF’s blown into the recycling bin where they belong. Dotloop offers form creation, E-sign, and transaction management in one seamless platform.
Dotloop Integrations (what other real estate apps Dotloop works seamlessly with)
CRM and Lead Generation:
Zillow Premier Agent, Boomtown, Inside Real Estate, Propertybase, Cinc, Real Geeks, Realvolve, LionDesk, Big Purple Dot, Contactually, Zurple, Follow Up Boss, and Market Leader.
Accounting and Back Office
Loft47, Preclose, BrokerSumo, Accounttech, Emphasys, Shortrack, Quickbooks by Apination, ibroker, intellirent.
Marketing, Automations and More
PieSync, SnapNHD, zipyourflyer, BombBomb, Dropbox, Google Calendar, Google Contacts, Google Drive
2. Amitree Folio (Lightweight transaction management and email assistant)
Like Dotloop, Amitree Folio has been made waves in the industry in 2017. Long a free Gmail extension, Amitree has recently gotten $7 million in VC funding to develop their platform for agents.
What do Realtors Use Amitree Folio For?
Folio attaches to your gmail account and automatically organizes transactions, documents, and deal timelines that you can share with your clients. You can also sync calendars, set reminders, and even loop in service providers to make sure everyone is on the same page.
Amitree Folio Integrations (what other real estate apps Amitree Folio works seamlessly with)
3. Buffer (Social media management platform)Even though the competition in the real estate software industry is fierce, it’s nothing compared to the competition in social media management platforms. Take the investment and user base for your average real estate software, and triple it. That means better deals for end users.
What Do realtors Use Buffer For?
If you’re a busy agent or team leader trying to manage multiple social media accounts, Buffer is a god send. It allows you to pre schedule posts across multiple accounts so you can knock out a few weeks worth of Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram,, and even Pinterest posts on a few hours on Sunday.
Buffer Integrations (what other real estate apps Buffer works seamlessly with)
Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Pinterest, Instagram, Zapier, IFTT, Feedly, Pocket, WordPress, + more.
4. Hubspot CRM & sales toolWith over 30,000 customers in 91 countries Hubspot is one of the most widely used free CRMs and sales tools on the planet.
What Do Realtors Use Hubspot For?
Hubspot is a CRM that also offers marketing and sales tools. With the free version of Hubspot’s software, they offer contact management, deal and task pipelines, email scheduling, email templates, and more.
Hubspot CRM Integrations (what other real estate apps Hubspot CRM works seamlessly with)
Zapier, Zendesk, Hotjar, Unbounce, Uberconference, Hellosign, WordPress, Livechat, + more.
5. HotjarOne of the fastest growing segments of the software industry is analytics. Analytics takes large amounts of data from your website and presents it to you in an easy to digest format. Hotjar is one of the best ways to see where your leads are clicking, and what they’re reading on your website.
What Do Realtors Use Hotjar For?
Hotjar offers visualizations of two very important things your leads are doing on your site. First, it measures scroll depth.
Scroll depth is a measurement of how far your leads are scrolling down your pages. Hotjar shows you how many of your leads are reading your entire article with a percentage. If very few people are reading your articles all the way to the end, chances are they need work.
Hotjar also offers heatmaps. Heatmaps are visual representations of not only where your leads are clicking on your website, but where they rest their mouse/finger as well. Using heatmaps you can dial in calls to action, navigation, and more to make sure people are clicking where you want them to click.
Hotjar Integrations (what other real estate apps Hotjar works seamlessly with)
Hubspot, Optimizely, Omnionvert, Segment
6. CanvaWhen I worked in marketing, our managing director balked at spending more than a thousand dollars for Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, and Illustrator. We needed them, but that didn’t make the cost any less easy to swallow. Today sites like Canva offer basic photoshop-like functionality for free.
What Do Realtors Use Canva For?
Canva is an intuitive, easy to use graphic design tool that lets you create great looking flyers, social media graphics, blog images, banner ads, and more. Even better, Canva offers gorgeous editable templates created by talented graphic designers to get you going.
If you want to see what Canva can help you create, check out the infographics on The Close. We made them all with Canva.
Hotjar Integrations (what other real estate apps Hotjar works seamlessly with)
7. ZapierZapier is one of the those software platforms that seems like magic. With more than a million users around the world, lots of people seem to agree. It’s also great for Realtors.
What Do Realtors Use Zapier For?
Zapier acts like glue between two different apps or software platforms. It allows you to automate an action in one app based on a change in another app. You can then save this automation, called a Zap, to use later.
Here’s an example. Using Zapier you can use a Zap that adds new leads from IDX Broker to your Follow Up Boss account, or automatically add leads from IDX Broker to your Mail Chimp list.
They also offer hundreds of other Zaps that link together everything from Contactually, to Gmail, to a real estate chatbot like HelloAlex.
Once you start using Zapier you’re going to wonder how you ever lived without it.
Zapier Integrations (what other real estate apps Zapier works seamlessly with)
More than 1,000 integrations and apps including Trello, Gmail, and Hubspot. See full list here.
8. Bitrix 24CRMs… There are so many CRM platforms available for Realtors today that free options are getting to the point where they’re almost as good as paid options from a few years ago. Bitrix is one of those platforms.
What Do Realtors Use Bitrix24 For?
Bitrix24 is a CRM or Client Relationship Manager. It lets you organize all your leads and build a gameplan to reach out to them differently depending on what they need.
Amazingly Bitrix24 is free for up to 12 users, so you could theoretically outfit your entire team with a decent CRM for free.
While it may not be as powerful as something like Contactually, Boomtown, or Zurple, it gets the job done.
Bitrix24 Integrations (what other real estate apps Bitrix24 works seamlessly with)
Gmail, MS Office, Mailchimp, Zero, Docusign, Box, Freshbooks, Stripe, + more. See full list here.
9. TrelloTrello is yet another piece of software that would have cost an arm and a leg a few years ago. Today it’s one of the most popular project management apps on the internet.
What Do Realtors Use Trello For?
Trello let’s you and anyone you’re working with stay organized and collaborate on long term projects. It’s also dead easy to use.
In order to track projects, Trello lets you create “cards” that you can share with your partners or team and edit, move, and update them as you hit your goals.
It’s great for blog publishing, social media, graphic design projects, or even deal tracking for smaller teams.
Full disclosure, we actually use Trello everyday at The Close and it’s one of the apps that we simply couldn’t function without.
Trello Integrations (what other real estate apps Bitrix24 works seamlessly with)
Zapier, Google Drive, Slack, IFTTT, Gmail + more. See full list here.
10. ClozeStaying organized is crucial to reaching the right lead, with the right message, at the right time. While real estate software like Contactually helps you get this done, Cloze is an option that offers a stripped down version of their relationship manager for free.
What Do Realtors Use Cloze For?
Cloze helps Realtors organize their relationships by tracking Evernote, call history, email opens, and even pulls their social media info for you. Even better, it prompts you to keep in touch with your contacts at the right time.
Cloze Integrations (What other real estate apps Cloze works seamlessly with)
Zapier, Slack, Dropbox, Google Docs, Onenote, Onedrive
11. CamScannerThe smartphone era has brought us some amazing things. We not only have access to the entirety of human knowledge in our back pocket, but a still camera, video camera, and motion sensor as well. With camscanner, you can scan documents on the go.
What Do Realtors Use Camscanner For?
Camscanner let’s you take all that annoying paperwork that some brokerages still insist on and make clean looking scans even while you’re away from the office.
Camscanner Integrations (What other real estate apps CamScanner works seamlessly with)
12. DropboxDropbox is a super simple app that lets you store files on the go. It’s so common among agents these days that most have it on their phones.
What Do Realtors Use Dropbox For?
Realtors use Dropbox to store photos, videos, disclosure forms, leases, lease riders, or any other documents that they have on their phone in the cloud. It’s especially convenient for sharing those files with clients or coworkers who may not have access to a shared file network in your office.
Dropbox Integrations (What other real estate apps Dropbox works seamlessly with)
Zapier, Slack, Docusign, Hubspot, Hellosign, Hootesuite, Insightly + more. See full list here.
13. Citrix PodioPodio is another great task management platform like Trello that lets up to five agents or team members collaborate for free.
What do Realtors Use Podio For?
While Podio’s free version is rather limited, it offers basic collaboration between team members. Realtors use Podio for the same project management and collaboration tasks they use trello for.
Citrix Podio Integrations (What other real estate apps Citrix Podio works seamlessly with)
Zapier, MailChimp, Gravity Forms, + more. See full list here.
14. RPR MobileA wholly owned subsidiary of the National Association of Realtors, RPR mobile, or Real Property Resource Mobile, has helped Realtors parse and access property data for showings, CMAs, research and more.
What do Realtors Use RPR Mobile For?
RPR Mobile remains one of the best ways to keep your clients informed on the go. Out to lunch with a buyer and want to pull up a list of three bedrooms in new zip code? RPR let’s you access that data in a snap, and even lets you draw custom polygon search areas to target even the smallest micro neighborhood.
RPR Mobile Integrations (What other real estate software RPR Mobile works seamlessly with)
MLS partnerships available. More info here.
15. Adobe Premiere ClipFrom the makers of Lightroom, Photoshop and Premiere, Adobe Premiere Clip is a game changer for mobile video.
What do Realtors Use Adobe Premiere Clip For?
Shooting and editing video with their phones and then sending it on to social media or their website. The software also allows Realtors to
Adobe Premiere Clip Integrations (What other real estate software Adobe Premiere Clip Mobile works seamlessly with)
Adobe Premiere Pro
Over to You
Use great free real estate software or apps that we missed? Let us know in the comments.