Ready for some good news? In less than six months, you could be a real estate salesperson in Utah. To reach this goal, your first order of business should be to choose a state-approved real estate school that offers the 120 hours of education required before sitting for the salesperson exam.
We know that many people like being able to learn from the comfort of their own homes, which is why we’ve researched all of the online Utah real estate schools to create this buyer’s guide. We’re confident that you’ll meet your career goals with the help of any of these schools. Choose one that works for you and enroll today!
5 Best Online Real Estate Schools in Utah 2020
|Online Real Estate School|
|The CE Shop|
|Harman Real Estate Academy|
|Institute of Real Estate Education|
|Utah Real Estate School|
What You Need to Know Before Enrolling in an Online School
Becoming a Utah real estate salesperson isn’t going to be a walk in the park. You’re going to need to learn the information presented in the 120 hours of real estate courses. You’re also going to need exam prep materials to help you pass the Utah salesperson exam. Carefully consider what’s offered in each package before choosing the school that’s right for you.
Best Overall Online Utah Real Estate School: The CE Shop
We know that The CE Shop’s name implies that they only offer continuing education courses. While you’ll eventually need to take continuing education (CE) courses to renew your license, those entering the field need to first enroll in prelicensing classes. The CE Shop offers the 120 hours of prelicensing courses that you need to become a real estate salesperson in Utah.
The reason we chose The CE Shop as our top pick is that they’re pros in online education. Their self-paced course is interactive, which means that the material won’t be presented in text-only slides. You’ll also be quizzed periodically on the material to ensure that you understand before moving on to the next section.
The CE Shop Pricing
The CE Shop offers four different packages of prelicensing courses in Utah. Although they don’t offer the least expensive package on our list, their prices are highly competitive and are often on sale.
- Courses Only $599: The CE Shop’s most basic package’s name is a little deceptive; it’s far from “courses only.” It also includes the career resources we love, downloadable flashcards, a study schedule, and access to webinars on exam topics.
- Standard Package $659: The Standard Package includes everything from the previous package as well as Exam Prep Edge, which will prepare you for the state and national sections of the Utah salesperson exam. You’ll also receive a pass guarantee, which means that they’ll reimburse you for the cost of the licensing exam if you have to take it more than once.
- Value Package $699: The CE Shop doesn’t just drop you after you pass the real estate exam. This package includes everything in the previous package as well as career resources that’ll help you get started in your career.
- Premium Package $805: The CE Shop offers quality continuing education. Since you’ll have to pay for your CE courses eventually, you may as well get them at a discounted rate by purchasing them with your prelicensing classes.
Our Favorite The CE Shop Feature: Interactive Format
We like The CE’s Shop’s interactive format. While some real estate schools present all the required information on text-heavy slides, The CE Shop varies how the information is presented. Sometimes you’ll watch a video. Other times you’ll click on interactive images. Throughout the program, you’ll do quick self-assessments by matching terms with their definitions or taking interactive quizzes.
Where The CE Shop Could Improve
Even though The CE Shop does advise you on choosing a brokerage and finding your real estate niche, they won’t be able to introduce you to someone from an agency in your hometown who may be hiring new salespeople.
If you’re looking for a company that has this more personal approach to education, you might check out the Harman Real Estate Academy.
Try The CE Shop
The 120 hours of coursework will fly by when you purchase a package with The CE Shop. Enroll in one of their course packages to get started on your real estate career today.
Best Exam Prep Materials Offered by a Utah Real Estate School: Mbition/Stringham Schools
Mbition (formerly OnCourse Learning) partners with Stringham Schools to offer real estate prelicensing courses for Utah. Stringham is a local school that can assist you with Utah-specific real estate instruction, and their top-tier package offers Mbition’s acclaimed exam prep materials.
You can choose between two different presentation options when you purchase your prelicensing courses through Stringham. Select between the text-only slides or the HD video course. If you learn better from hearing the material instead of just reading it, the choice should be a no-brainer.
Mbition/Stringham Schools Pricing
Mbition’s test prep program is only offered with Stringham’s top-tier package. We think it’s worth the extra cost.
- Read Only Sales Agent Course $545: This basic package will give you what you need to qualify to take the Utah salesperson exam, but you won’t get much more than that.
- HD Video Sales Agent Pre-License Course $595: This package gives you access to 120 hours of videos that’ll teach you everything you need to know to pass the test. The package also comes with tutoring and a textbook.
- Real Estate Licensing Course Bundle $695: We recommend that you get this package if you decide to go with Stringham’s video series. It includes Mbition’s exam prep materials, which are some of the highest-rated in the industry.
Our Favorite Mbition/Stringham Schools Feature: Test Prep Materials
As you go through the practice questions, Mbition’s exam prep material will keep track of what kind of questions you miss. The program will use that information to create a tailor-made study guide, which means the time you spend preparing for the exam will be used efficiently.
Where Mbition/Stringham School Could Improve
Mbition/Stringham School’s packages are expensive. In fact, the course we recommend is almost $200 more than the lowest-price package on our list. If you’re looking for a more affordable school, consider the Harman Real Estate Academy.
Try Mbition/Stringham Schools
If you think you’re going to need to purchase exam prep material, buy the premier package offered by Stringham Schools. Check out this and all the other packages today to see if the Mbition/Stringham Schools partnership is right for your real estate education.
Most Affordable Utah Real Estate School: Harman Real Estate Academy
The Harman Real Estate Academy has been educating new real estate agents in Utah since 1984. The school is located near Provo, Utah. While this information usually isn’t relevant when discussing online real estate schools, your $399 enrollment fee will allow you to go back and forth between online and in-person classes. It’s nice to know that you can sit in on a class if you’re struggling with learning the material on your own.
Besides the 120 hours of prelicensing courses, you’ll also get two printed textbooks, practice exams, and other study prep materials. You’ll have one year to get through the course before your access expires.
The Harman Real Estate Academy only offers one low-price package.
Harman Real Estate Academy Pricing
- 120-Hour Utah Pre-Licensing Course $399: This course is the least expensive on our list. Enrolling in this course gives you access to both online and in-person education.
Our Favorite Harman Real Estate Academy Feature: Affordability
You’ll learn in How to Get a Utah Real Estate License in 7 Easy Steps that it costs approximately $890 to get licensed in Utah. By purchasing your prelicensing through Harman and using their exam prep material, you can save up to $275 off those costs.
Where Harman Real Estate Academy Could Improve
While Harman Real Estate Academy does offer an affordable online real estate course, you may enjoy the interactive online format that the Mbition/Stringham course offers.
Try Harman Real Estate Academy
Save money on your real estate education by enrolling in Harman Real Estate Academy’s Utah salesperson course today.
Best School for Quick Instructor Response: Institute of Real Estate Education
The Institute of Real Estate Education’s website says they’re the largest locally operated real estate school in Utah. With all the extras that they include in their packages, it’s little wonder why.
The school practices the reverse classroom educational philosophy. This means that you listen to the instructional material that’s presented on your own time. When it’s time to practice what you’ve learned, you’ll have direct access to state-approved instructors who’ll assist you with any concepts you didn’t get through the lecture.
The Institute of Real Estate Education Pricing
The Institute of Real Estate Education offers three packages.
- Pre-License Core $445: You’ll receive the 120 hours of prelicensing courses as well as access to 30 practice exams with this package. You’ll also be refunded the cost of the licensing exam if you don’t pass it the first time you take it.
- Pre-License Pro $599: Besides receiving everything from the previous package, you’ll have access to three audiobooks with the mid-tier plan. The books will enable you to review the course material, learn selling techniques, and understand how to grow your real estate business.
- Pre-License Excel $749: If you want to take care of all your educational expenses at once while you’re earning a regular income, you may consider purchasing the Excel package. It includes everything in the previous package as well as continuing education courses that you’ll eventually need to renew your license when the time comes.
Our Favorite The Institute of Real Estate Education Feature: Quick Instructor Response
The staff of the Institute of Real Estate Education promises to answer your questions within an hour. State-approved instructors will answer your phone call or email throughout the day and evenings. You’ll even have access to instructors over the weekend.
Where The Institute of Real Estate Education Could Improve
The state of Utah requires soon-to-be real estate salespeople to spend 120 hours learning before sitting for the exam. Some of the students of The Institute of Real Estate Education said the program takes longer than 120 hours to get through.
If you’d like a more efficient online educational program, consider going with our top pick, The CE Shop.
Try The Institute of Real Estate Education
You’ll feel better starting a course knowing that there’s a local expert available to offer support. Also, The Institute of Real Estate Education promises to connect you with area brokerages after you complete your licensing exam. There are lots of reasons to consider this option; contact the school to enroll today.
Utah Online Real Estate School That Offers Free Placement Assistance: Utah Real Estate School
Utah Real Estate School is located in Midvale, Utah. While you don’t have to live around Midvale to access the school’s online prelicensing course, you may want to attend one of their free monthly exam prep sessions that is offered on-site.
Live test prep isn’t the only benefit that you’ll receive from enrolling in the Utah Real Estate School. You’ll also receive access to a course that utilizes several different presentation methods, such as PowerPoint, audio, video, and interactive exercises. You’ll also receive a Utah Real Estate Law textbook and free placement assistance.
Utah Real Estate School Pricing
All students receive free test prep and placement assistance with the purchase of the single package option from Utah Real Estate School.
- 120-Hour Agent Online Pre-Licensing Course $599: You’ll receive a six-month access to the instruction materials for $599. The course exams are written to prepare you for the state licensing exam.
Our Favorite Utah Real Estate School Feature: Free Placement Assistance
It’s always scary to enter into a new field, especially if you don’t know anyone already in the industry who can answer your questions. That’s why we appreciate that Utah Real Estate School offers free placement assistance for their students.
You’ll feel better working hard on your prelicensing material and studying for the exam if you know that you already have a job lined up waiting for you when you’re licensed.
Where Utah Real Estate School Could Improve
Utah Real Estate School has a no-refund policy and students are only given six months to complete the course. You may think that getting through 120 hours of material would be easy, but if you’re busy with a full-time job, maybe a working parent, or have other things going on that will prevent you from focusing your energy on your prelicense prep, it may be a struggle to carve out that extra time in your schedule.
If you want to be able to go through the material at a leisurely pace, consider enrolling in the Institute of Real Estate Education. Students are given a full-year to complete the course requirements through that school.
Try Utah Real Estate School
Get your prelicensing education and a job with Utah Real Estate School. It takes minutes to enroll, learn more on their website.
Where to Go for Additional Help
We know there’s a lot to consider when you go through the expense and effort to become a real estate agent. That’s why it’s important to find valuable resources to help you with your transition.
Take a look at How to Get a Real Estate License in 5 Easy Steps or Best Online Real Estate Schools: Our 5 Top Picks for 2021 for additional insight into becoming a real estate agent in Utah.