If you want to crush your 2023 business goals, you need to have a solid marketing plan that you will stick to throughout the year. So, we’ve created a real estate marketing calendar and an entire year’s worth of marketing strategy to help you stay on track. We also made sure to include some real estate holiday ideas that you can use to stand out in your market.
We’ve laid out a plan of action for each month so that you’ll know exactly which marketing activities you should be focusing on. We’ve even included additional resources and a few templates to get you started. To get even more templates, download the free PDF below.
If you want A LOT more content to use for social media and email marketing, we recommend Coffee & Contracts. They provide unique, informative, and hilarious marketing posts every month for you to customize and post online with your own branding. Consistency is the key to successful marketing. Use Coffee & Contracts along with this calendar to make your 2023 marketing easier.
January Marketing Focus: Email Marketing
To kick off 2023, start with your email marketing in January. Email marketing gives you the biggest return on your time investment. Before you start generating new leads, warm up the ones you already have sitting in your customer relationship manager (CRM). If you’re not using a CRM, you might give LionDesk a try. You can test drive their CRM for 14 days without entering your credit card information.
Start off by cleaning up your CRM and setting up drip campaigns. If you have the bandwidth, also commit to a consistent email newsletter strategy. Share your perspective about the opportunities you see in 2023 in your local market. This content can be repurposed on social media and on your blog.
January Holidays + Hashtags
- Jan 1: New Year’s Day #newyearsday
- Jan 4: National Trivia Day #nationaltriviaday
- Jan 10: Clean Your Desk Day #cleanyourdeskday
- Jan 13: Friday the 13th #fridaythe13th
- Jan 16: Martin Luther King Jr. Day #mlkday
- Jan 21: National Hugging Day #nationalhuggingday
- Jan 24: National Compliment Day #nationalcompliment
February Marketing Focus: Facebook + Instagram
Now that you’ve freshened up your CRM and your email marketing is purring, it’s time to expand your marketing efforts to another channel. We recommend social media. Specifically, Facebook and Instagram.
Clean up your Instagram bio. Choose a brand-new Facebook cover photo. And simplify your life by choosing three topics you want to post about consistently in 2023. Real estate is one. What else defines you? Your pets? Your family? Your love for running? Commit to these topics on social media. Bonus points if you use hashtags on Instagram to help you get discovered.
If you want to REALLY make your life easier, check out Agent Crate. They create topical content for you every month. They do all the figuring out for you so you can concentrate on the activities you do best.
February Holidays + Hashtags
- Feb 1: The start of Black History Month
- Feb 2: Groundhog Day #groundhogday
- Feb 9: National Pizza Day #nationalpizzaday
- Feb 13: Galentine’s Day #galentinesday
- Feb 14: Valentine’s Day #valentinesday
- Feb 17: Random Acts of Kindness Day #randomactsofkindnessday
- Feb 20: Love Your Pet Day #loveyourpetday
- Feb 21: Mardi Gras #fattuesday, #mardigras
Get our templates, ideas for what to post, and more details on how to supercharge your marketing mojo with our 2023 Real Estate Marketing Calendar + Holiday Guide.
March Marketing Focus: Referral Marketing
The busy season is about to ramp up. That’s why we suggest that now is the time to rev up your referral marketing. After all, referrals are the #1 way most agents get new clients.
Stay in touch with your sphere of influence in an authentic way. Build more social proof as an agent by asking for testimonials and reviews. And revisit your CRM to make sure you have the best emails possible to drive referrals and repeat business. You can also check out the free Referral Network, NuOp, where you can find fellow agents who can refer you.
March Holidays + Hashtags
- March 1: The start of Women’s History Month
- March 2: National Unplugging Day #nationalunpluggingday
- March 8: International Women’s Day #womensday
- March 13: Daylight Savings #springforward
- March 17: St. Patrick’s Day #stpatricksday
- March 20: First Day of Spring #springbegins
- March 23: National Puppy Day #nationalpuppyday
April Marketing Focus: Open House Marketing + Farming
Spring is officially in the air. And with warmer weather comes open house season. Now is the time to invest in your open house marketing and branding.
It’s also the season to get out and start farming your area. Start looking into prospecting opportunities like circle prospecting to generate as many leads as possible.
If you’re a new agent, you’re probably working as a buyer’s agent. Make sure your Buyer’s Presentation is on point. Also, prepare yourself for when the opportunity to list arrives. We recommend leveling up your comparative market analysis (CMA) skills now. After all, the reason that you’re farming your area is because you want to become the go-to agent in your area.
April Holidays + Hashtags
- April 1: April Fool’s Day #aprilfoolsday
- April 6: Passover #passover
- April 9: Easter #easter
- April 10: National Siblings Day #nationalsiblingsday
- April 11: National Pet Day #nationalpetday
- April 20: National Look-Alike Day #nationallookalikeday
- April 22: Earth Day #earthday
Need ideas for what to post? Get more details on adding superpowers to your marketing with our Complete Real Estate Marketing Calendar + Holiday Guide for 2023.
May Marketing Focus: Print Marketing + Branding
While you did a lot of print marketing around your open houses in April, there are many other opportunities to get your branding seen in the physical world.
Even if you’re a new agent and haven’t sold anything yet, you can still send out postcards that show your farm that your office just sold or listed. Plus, take a look at your signage. Whether it’s your rider, bandit, or sold signs, ask yourself this: “Is it consistent with my branding?”
Lastly, now is also a great time to revisit your branding and marketing materials. Are your marketing materials cohesive? Take inventory before the summer officially starts. If you decide you need new marketing materials, we recommend ProspectPLUS! for flyers, brochures, and more.
May Holidays + Hashtags
- May 3: National Teacher Appreciation Day #thankateacher
- May 5: Cinco de Mayo #cincodemayo
- May 14: Mother’s Day #mothersday
- May 15: International Day of Families #familyday
- May 30: Memorial Day (Don’t say “Happy Memorial Day”) #memorialday #dayofremembrance
June Marketing Focus: CRM + Prospecting
If you’ve made some sales this year, add testimonials to your email marketing drip campaigns.
We also recommend you clean up your CRM and SMS messaging. Make sure your list is clean and you’re following all regulations.
And if you have barely touched your CRM so far this year, consider getting a new one that you enjoy using. If you’re still not sure which CRM software to choose, we’ve got you covered. Check out this breakdown of all the top CRMs with reviews and pricing information to help you decide which works best for your business.
Once your CRM is in order, provide your list with a mid-year market update. What trends do you see in your area? How has the market shifted? What are your top recommendations for buyers, sellers, and prospects at this time?
Speaking of prospects, we recommend that you focus on prospecting as you clean out the data in your CRM. Yes, it can be a little old-school to hit the phones or send letters. But old-school methods stick around because they work. You just can’t beat real conversations with people to build valuable relationships that generate new business.
June Holidays + Hashtags
- June 1: The start of Pride Month #pridemonth
- June 2: National Donut Day #nationaldonutday
- June 8: World Oceans Day #worldoceansday
- June 8: Best Friends Day #bestfriendsday
- June 14: World Blood Donor Day #giveblood
- June 18: Father’s Day #fathersday
- June 19: Juneteenth #juneteenth
- June 21: First Day of Summer #firstdayofsummer
July Marketing Focus: Video Marketing
Here’s an uncomfortable truth for many agents: video marketing is now a critical part of social media and online marketing. In fact, video has taken over the online marketing landscape. And it makes sense why this is especially true for agents: prospects want to get to know you before working with you AND they want to see you flex your marketing muscles online.
Even if you don’t want to appear in videos, you can start by making listing videos with Canva. Want to have templates created for you? Both Animoto and Coffee & Contracts offer video templates you can use for YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook.
If you want to really commit to video marketing (and are OK with appearing in front of the camera), Parkbench has a Video Mastery Program with an entire system they guarantee will get you a 5x return on investment (ROI) if you follow it to a T.
July Holidays + Hashtags
- July 2: World UFO Day #worldufoday
- July 4: Fourth of July #fourthofjuly
- July 7: World Chocolate Day #worldchocolateday
- July 15: Give Something Away Day #givesomethingawayday
- July 20: Get to Know Your Customers Day #gettoknowyourcustomersday
August Marketing Focus: Networking + PR
It’s the end of the summer, and now is the perfect time to focus on how to network and level up your reputation as an agent during the last few months of the year.
Join local networking communities. Get extra business cards. Throw your own events. And learn how to actually get mentioned by the local press. (And make sure you include “As Seen In” images in all your marketing when you land a great press mention.) Remember: marketing is what you say about yourself. PR is what others say about you.
Get out in your local community and give the public and the press reasons to talk about you. That’s how you become a trusted and known agent in your community.
August Holidays + Hashtags
- August 4: International Beer Day #internationalbeerday
- August 8: International Cat Day #internationalcatday
- August 9: National Book Lovers Day #nationalbookloversday
- August 15: National Relaxation Day #nationalrelaxationday
- August 16: National Tell a Joke Day #nationaltellajokeday
- August 26: National Dog Day #nationaldogday
If you want templates, ideas for what to post, and more details on how to supercharge your marketing mojo, grab our Complete Real Estate Marketing Calendar + Holiday Guide for 2023.
September Marketing Focus: Website + SEO
Did you know your website can actually generate leads? Search engine optimization (SEO) can help you show up when your prospects are making hyper-local Google searches right before they decide to list or buy.
SEO traffic is often deemed by marketers as “high-intent traffic” because people are Googling specific things they want an answer to. If the question they have is, “Is now the best time to sell a home in (enter farm area here)?” it’s your goal to be at the top of that search result. Understanding SEO and how it can drive traffic to your website or a landing page will help you generate more leads with less effort.
September Holidays + Hashtags
- Sept 4: Labor Day #laborday
- Sept 11: Patriot Day + National Day of Service and Remembrance #patriotday #neverforget
- Sept 12: National Day of Encouragement #dayofencouragement
- Sept 22: Car-Free Day #carfreeday
- Sept 23: First Day of Fall #firstdayoffall
- Sept 26: National Pancake Day #nationalpancakeday
- Sept 28: National Good Neighbor Day #goodneighborday
October Marketing Focus: Seasonal Marketing Focus
Before you know it, holidays and family time will be here. Get ahead of it by planning out your seasonal marketing strategy now.
The best part of the fall season is the abundance of seasonal opportunities, like Halloween, to get out there in your community. Whether it’s print marketing, event marketing, or stand-out social media posts, you can have a leg up over other agents in your farm if you use these seasonal moments to your advantage.
October Holidays + Hashtags
- Oct 1: International Coffee Day #internationalcoffeeday
- Oct 4: National Taco Day #nationaltacoday
- Oct 9: Fire Prevention Day (part of Fire Prevention Week) #firepreventionweek
- Oct 10: World Mental Health Day #worldmentalheathday
- Oct 11: National Coming Out Day #nationalcomingoutday
- Oct 13: Friday the 13th
- Oct 14: National Dessert Day #dessertday
- Oct 30: Checklist Day #checklistday
- Oct 31: Halloween
Pro tip: Need some monster Halloween marketing? Check out this article for great ideas to get out there and scare up some business.
Get our templates, ideas for what to post, and more details on how to supercharge your marketing mojo with our Complete Real Estate Marketing Calendar + Holiday Guide for 2023.
November Marketing Focus: Seasonal Referral Marketing
People are taking time off from work to be around family. That’s why during this season it’s important to do things that make you stand out as a person first (and an agent second).
Grow your sphere by being thoughtful and considerate. And show your gratitude for the clients who have trusted you so far. After all, what you appreciate, appreciates.
November Holidays + Hashtags
- Nov 1: National Stress Awareness Day #stressawarenessday
- Nov 4: National Candy Day #nationalcandyday
- Nov 6: Daylight Savings Time Ends #fallback #daylightsavings
- Nov 11: Veterans Day #veteransday #veterans #thankyou
- Nov 13: World Kindness Day #wkd #worldkindnessday
- Nov 15: America Recycles Day #berecycled
- Nov 24: Thanksgiving Day
- Nov 27: Small Business Saturday (Last Saturday of November) #shopsmall #shoplocal
Pro tip: Thanksgiving is a great time to show your appreciation for past clients and show some love to your future ones. We’ve got some ideas for how to do that in this article. Go check it out!
December Marketing Focus: Content Marketing
Content marketing puts the bang in your SEO and website efforts. And when you do content marketing well, it can also position you as the local expert.
There is no better time to start giving your perspective on your local market (and the real estate market at large) than at the end of the year. People become inherently forward-looking at the end of the year. Offer what you think will be the best move for buyers and sellers in 2024.
If content is a challenge, you might consider letting Coffee & Contracts take the lead. They’re experts at creating the kind of content your audience loves, leaving you to keep your focus on the things you do best.
At this time Coffee and Contracts has closed its membership until Fall 2023, however you can join the waiting list now and receive access to their free resource suite and get an exclusive discount when they open their doors again.
The biggest challenge in marketing is maintaining consistency throughout the year. Hopefully, with our monthly marketing strategy, you can stay on track and keep pushing through each month. If you can, you’re sure to get amazing results.
December Holidays + Hashtags
- Dec 3: International Day of Persons with Disabilities #IDPWD
- Dec 4: National Cookie Day #nationalcookieday
- Dec 9: National Salesperson Day #salespersonday
- Dec 21: First Day of Winter #wintersolstice
- Dec 24: Christmas Eve
- Dec 25: Christmas Day
- Dec 31: New Year’s Eve #nye
Pro tip: We love the holiday season here at The Close! It’s the perfect opportunity to do some fun, smart, effective marketing heading into the new year. We’ve got some amazing ways to celebrate the season while setting yourself up for success in 2024. Check them out here!
Set aside time each week to focus on marketing your real estate business and you’re guaranteed to see results. All it takes is one hour per week. You can do it. We believe in you.
One great way to make sure you’re delegating your time in the best way possible is to use time-blocking. Set aside a specific time each week on a specific day to do the tasks you typically put off.
As Brian Tracy, the motivational speaker and author of “Eat That Frog” said, “The hardest part of any important task is getting started on it in the first place. Once you actually begin work on a valuable task, you seem to be naturally motivated to continue.”
Do you have some great ideas to add to this plan of action? Will you commit to your marketing strategy for 2023? What are your thoughts and ideas to generate your success in 2023? We’d love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below and share your successes.