If you’re struggling to find real examples of effective real estate social media posts, you’re not alone. I know plenty of agents (even top producers) who sit staring at their phones waiting for inspiration to strike. You might laugh, but it’s actually a big problem.
Algorithms on Facebook and Instagram favor video, which is time-consuming and sometimes expensive to make. You can’t just wing it on social media anymore. Having a game plan is essential.
To help you get inspired for your next viral post, we put together this list of 147 real estate social media post ideas that will work on Facebook, Instagram, or any platform. For many of these ideas, we also include real-world viral examples, so you don’t have to start from square one. And, as a bonus, we threw in three free social media templates you can download today.
1. Tell a Story From a Tricky Closing (Where You Saved the Day)
2. 3 Biggest Mistakes Buyers Make (Video)
3. Funny Lip Sync Videos About the Market (Video)
11 Must-follow Real Estate Instagram Accounts for 2023 (+ 5 Growth Hacks)
4. Real Estate Code Words (Video)
5. Let’s Play This or That
We love this customizable post designed to boost engagement with your audience. If you’re wondering how the agents on this list make their social media posts look so beautiful, you might be surprised to learn many of them have a secret weapon: high-quality templates from marketing companies like Coffee & Contacts.
Unlike the sometimes cheesy, often generic templates you get from Canva, Coffee & Contracts offers agents beautiful social media templates and scripts for posts, reels, stories, covers, and more. They’re designed by and for top-producing real estate agents. Best of all, C&C costs less than a cup of coffee per day. Check out Emile L’Eplattenier’s review of Coffee & Contracts here.
At this time Coffee and Contracts has closed its membership until Fall 2023, however you can join the waiting list now and receive access to their free resource suite and get an exclusive discount when they open their doors again.
6. Home Staging Before & After (Video)
7. Can You Guess the Price? (Video)
8. Buyer Hacks (Video)
9. Real Estate Industry Hot Takes (Video)
10. Reasons the Highest Offer May Not Win
If you’re looking for more social media templates designed just for Realtors, along with free and paid places to acquire them, check out our guide here:
32 Best Real Estate Social Media Templates for Facebook & Instagram
11. Real Estate-related Holiday Posts
12. Monday Motivation Quote (Video)
13. When NOT to List Your Home (Video)
14. Why Buy Now if the Market Is Crazy?
15. The Weirdest Thing You’ve Seen in a Listing (Video)
16. Real Estate Memes
108 Real Estate Memes Realtors Can’t Stop Sharing
17. How to Get Your Offer Accepted (Video)
18. Fix & Flip Explainer (Video)
19. Under Contract Photo W/ Sign Rider
20. Why Discount Brokers Are So Expensive
21. Just Sold (+ Picture of Happy Buyer)
22. Just Sold (With Video)
23. Dream Homes (Mansion Monday)
24. Show Off Awards & Milestones
25. How to Win a Bidding War
26. Real Estate Myths & Facts (Quiz)
27. Multiple Offers: Pending
28. The Secret Your Mortgage Company Doesn’t Want You to Know (Video)
29. Closing Costs Q&A (Video)
30. Closing Costs Deep Dive Explainer (Video)
31. Prepping Your Home for the Market
32. Pros & Cons: Renting vs Selling
33. 6 Repairs to Make Before Listing Your Home
34. Why Are You Leaving Money on the Table? (Video)
35. Quick-hit Listing Highlights Tours (Video)
36. National ____ Day Posts
37. Motivational Real Estate Quotes
38. Inspirational Quotes
39. Funny Text Message Exchanges
40. Why Are You Lighting Your Money on Fire? (Video)
41. Real Estate Horror Stories (Video)
42. Homeownership Quotes
43. Customer Testimonials
44. Out-of-Pocket Expenses When Buying a Home (Video)
45. Struggling With the Lockbox 👀 (Video)
46. Listing of the Week
47. Contract Pending
48. Hidden Listing Inventory Explainer (Video)
49. Content for Other Agents (to Build Engagement)
50. Interviews With Your Broker Owner (Video)
51. Press Mentions (Earned Media)
52. How to Prepare Your Home for a Photoshoot
53. Define Real Estate Terms
54. Places to Try the Next Time You’re in… (Video)
55. Monthly Market Update (Video)
56. What I Wore as a Realtor Today (Video
57. Mugshot Monday
58. Using Your Equity Wisely (Video)
59. Dual Agency Explainer
60. Home Maintenance Tips
61. Under Contract
62. Behind the Scenes of an Unusual Day
63. How Did You Get Into Real Estate (Video)
64. Top Moving Tips
65. Home Staging 101 (Video)
66. Broker’s Open House
67. Mortgage Myths Debunked
68. Home Tour (Long-form)
69. Selling a Home: Expectations vs Reality
70. Day in the Life of a Realtor (Video)
71. Behind the Scenes of a Showing (Video)
72. Home Mortgage Rates by Decade (Infographic)
73. Behind the Scenes of a Photoshoot (Video)
74. Do You Know How Much Your Home Is Worth?
75. Mistakes to Avoid: Buying New Construction
76. How to Maximize Curb Appeal
77. In Escrow
78. Stop Refreshing Zillow. Allow Me to Search Instead
79. Brokerage Switch Announcement
80. Rent-to-Own Explainer Post
81. Events You Participate In
82. Best Local Coffee Shops or Cafes
65 More Real Estate Social Media Post Ideas
Of course, not every idea on this list has a viral example we can point to. That’s why we wanted to offer this list of social media post ideas that you can make your own:
83. When To Fire Your Real Estate Agent
84. Ask Me Anything Posts
85. What Do You Love Most About Your Home?
86. Paint Color Trends
87. Kitchen Trends
88. Why Hire A Real Estate Agent?
89. Airbnb Rental Explainer
90. How Much House Can I Afford?
91. Spring Cleaning Checklist
92. How To Sell Your Home For More Money
93. How To Sell Your Home Faster
94. Diy Home Staging Tips
95. Interest Rates 101
96. How To Win Bidding Wars
97. XX Signs It’s Time To Buy A New Home
98. House Hunting Checklist
99. Is It A Good Time To Sell My Home?
100. XX Things Nobody Tells You About Selling A Home
101. XX Things Nobody Tells You About Buying A Home
102. Top Reasons To Live In [Your Farm Area]
103. Should You Rent Or Sell Your Home?
104. XX Ways To Increase Your Home’s Value
105. 6 Fun Events For Kids In [Your Farm Area]
106. Home Organizing Hacks
107. Should You Buy A Distressed Property?
108. Why You Should Work With A Buyer’s Agent
109. XX Tips To Declutter A Home Before Showing
110. XX Questions To Ask A Realtor
111. How Long Does It Take To Sell A Home In [Your Farm Area]
112. Hidden Benefits Of Homeownership
113. What [Your Farm Area] Buyers Want In 2022
114. Affordable Home Design Tips
115. Why FSBOs Fail
116. Real Estate Knowledge Quiz
117. 2022 Housing Market Predictions For [Your Farm Area]
118. XX Steps To Buying A Home In [Your Farm Area]
119. How To Buy A Foreclosure
120. Should You Buy A Foreclosure? Pros And Cons
121. Risks Of Overpricing A Home
122. Do Open Houses Still Work In 2022?
123. XX Wild Real Estate Statistics
124. The Real Costs Of Selling A Home In [Your Farm Area]
125. When To Refinance Your Home
126. Final Walkthrough Checklist
127. XX FSBO Myths
128. XX Best Happy Hour Spots In [Your Farm Area]
129. Moving Checklist
130. XX Dreamy Waterfront Properties For Sale
131. How Do Buyer’s Agents Get Paid?
132. Who Pays For Home Staging?
133. Is Home Staging Worth It?
134. Does Virtual Staging Work?
135. XX Realtor Secrets To Sell Your Home For Top Dollar
136. XX Bathroom Renovations That Add Value To Your Home
137. Do Swimming Pools Add Value To A Home?
138. How To Find Off-Market Properties
139. XX Home Office Hacks To Be More Productive
140. Relocating To [Your Farm Area]? What You Need To Know
141. This Or That: Bathroom Design
142. Are We In A Housing Bubble?
143. XX Things You Didn’t Know About Becoming A Landlord
144. Behind The Scenes: Staging A Listing
145. Pre-showing Checklist
146. XX Reasons Why Real Estate Is The Best Investment
147. Weekend Open House List
Over to You
If you’ve got great real estate social media posts and ideas that generate engagement and clicks with your audience, we’d love for you to share them in the comments.