Hey there, this is Hannah and I’m the Community Manager at The Close. Lately, I’ve been thinking about how our community of agents can get creative so you can connect virtually with each other and with your past, present, and future clients.
Being in quarantine comes with a lot of extra time at home. You’ve probably already baked multiple banana breads, cleaned out all your closets, and binged watched all of Tiger King.
What else is there to do?
Now is also the perfect time to build your social media presence. With the rise of social distancing has also come the rise of social media usage. Use this time to connect with your audience virtually so you stay fresh in their minds when they are ready to buy or sell their next home.
To help you out, we created a 30-day Social Media Challenge.
Here’s how to participate:
For the next 30 days, you’ll be tasked to share a post on your Instagram and/or Facebook. Get creative, use pictures, and include a few sentences describing your post. This will help you be known by your community before you are even needed!
Use the hashtag #TheCloseContentChallenge to get some inspiration from other agents taking the challenge Let’s get you started with these 30 fun ways to connect with your community.
Before you get started posting, here are some of our social media tips to help you get started growing your social media presence.
1. Be Yourself: You want to come off as relatable and authentic to your audience. Share a mixture of your personal and professional life. This includes posting open houses, tips, behind the scene clips and also a picture of your family or your furry friends.
2. Create eye catching content: Free tools like Canva can help. Canva is a design tool that has hundreds of professionally designed social media layouts making it easy for you to customize your daily social media posts.
3. Plan ahead: Social media scheduling tools were created to help you plan your posts ahead of time. Free tools like Hootsuite, and Buffer allow you to schedule posts for all your social platforms in one place at one time.
4. Use hashtags: Hashtags help you reach your audience and expand your social media reach. We put together the best real estate hashtags and hashtag best practices on each social platform here!
5. Don’t leave the “social” out of your social media presence: Expand your network by joining local Facebook Groups and Pages. Introduce yourself and create new relationships with your community. Check out these tips from agents who are crushing social media marketing!
Use these tips and prompts to grow your social media presence over the next 30 days. If you have any questions along the way, let us know in our Facebook Group. We’re here to help!