People are moving to Arizona in droves, and they all need a place to live. You can make a career out of helping new residents find a home to buy. Before you can show an open-concept in Scottsdale or put a sign in the yard of a ranch home in Tucson, you need to take 90 hours of prelicensing courses and pass the Arizona real estate sales exam.
We want to help you get started in the process today by helping you choose a school. We’ve analyzed all the online Arizona real estate schools and are ready to give you an in-depth guide, which will include our top picks. Take a look at our choices and enroll in the best school for your situation today.
5 Best Online Arizona Real Estate Schools for 2020
|Online Real Estate School||Starting Cost of Prelicensing Packages||Our Top Pick For|
|The CE Shop||$559||(Best Overall) Easy-to-follow format|
|American Realty Academy||$399||Best online support|
|Mbition||N/A||Best exam prep materials|
|Arizona School of Real Estate & Business||$559||Best for making industry connections|
|Hogan School of Real Estate||$559||Best online instruction|
What You Get From Your Arizona Real Estate School
We hope you’ve already read How to Get an Arizona Real Estate License in 6 Easy Steps. In this article, you’ll learn all the details of the licensing process, including how to get a fingerprint clearance card and how to schedule your exam.
Besides learning all those details in our step-by-step guide, you’ll also discover the educational process required to become an agent.
- 90 hours of prelicensing courses: You’re required to take 90 hours of prelicensing courses before sitting for the exam. While you can take the classes from in-person instructors, our buyer’s guide focuses on online courses.
- Exam prep materials: Even though some of the real estate schools include exam prep materials in their packages, you might want to buy extra study materials to help you review for the test.
- 6-hour contract writing course: After you complete the licensing exam, you’re required to take a six-hour contract writing course. The class needs to be taken from a certified real estate school.
Since every online real estate school has its strengths and weaknesses, consider our recommendations before enrolling.
Best Overall Online Arizona Real Estate School: The CE Shop
The CE Shop is one of the only big-name online real estate schools that offers online prelicensing courses for Arizona. Even though there are plenty of local companies that have expanded into online education, The CE Shop specializes in this format. They have online education down to a science.
There are lots of things that we like about The CE Shop. We appreciate that the content is broken down into easily digestible lessons that conclude with practice exercises and self-checks. We also like how the lessons are interactive.
The CE Shop is so confident in its ability to educate you that they’ll reimburse you the $75 licensing exam fee if you don’t pass the first time. The easy-to-follow format, interactive lessons, and pass guarantee make The CE Shop our top pick, no matter which of the four packages you choose.
The CE Shop Pricing
The CE Shop offers four prelicensing course packages.
- Courses Only $559: Despite its name, the bottom-tier package is anything but “courses only.” You’ll receive both the 90-hour prelicensing course and the six-hour contract writing course. You’ll also receive other resources, including an e-book, online flashcards, a glossary, study schedule, and webinars on exam topics.
- Standard Package $619: The standard package includes everything in the previous package plus a state-specific study guide and the pass guarantee.
- Value Package $659: Are you concerned about building your business after passing your exam and earning your license? This value package includes everything in the previous package plus business builder courses.
- Premium Package $725: The Premium Package through The CE Shop is one-stop shopping. You’ll receive prelicensing instruction, the contract class, exam prep, and 24 hours of continuing education courses (plus everything in the previous package). This is the course for those who are secure in their abilities and are ready to tackle their new careers energetically.
Our Favorite The CE Shop Feature: Easy-to-Follow Format
We love how the online instruction you’ll receive through The CE Shop is in bite-sized chunks. They even have an app that allows you to continue with your classwork from your phone during an unexpected moment of downtime. You can switch back and forth between devices seamlessly.
Where The CE Shop Could Improve
While most people are happy with the instruction they receive from The CE Shop, there were a few complaints about the quality of the exam prep material. If you want to practice taking the exam in the same format and time constraints that it will be administered, consider purchasing additional exam prep materials from Mbition.
Try The CE Shop
Sign up for one of the four packages that The CE Shop offers. We think you’ll like the easy-to-follow format and app that will have you finished with your education requirements in no time.
Arizona Real Estate School That Offers Best Instructional Support: American Realty Academy
American Realty Academy’s goal is to not only assist students in passing the Arizona real estate salesperson exam, they also want to give people the knowledge they need to become top-notch real estate agents. They do this by focusing on providing quality instructor support.
The school offers three online education packages. The format is the same for each of them. First, you are presented with the material, and then you answer questions that a client would ask about the subject. After that, you take a quiz over the material. Finally, each module ends with a wrap-up video by the instructor, who reiterates the most important information.
Even though the module format doesn’t change, you’ve three choices of course packages to consider.
American Realty Academy Pricing
American Realty Academy offers three online education packages to become a real estate agent in Arizona.
- Basic Plan $399: The basic plan includes 90 hours of prelicensing courses. You’ll receive an e-book and some additional study material.
- Silver Plan $439: This mid-range package includes everything from the previous packages and the six-hour contract writing course required for licensing.
- Gold Plan $479: This top-tier plan includes everything in the previous package and also includes a live virtual group tutoring session.
Our Favorite American Realty Academy Feature: Best Online Support
No matter which package you choose, you’ll have access to a real-life instructor. This instructor (who also teaches many of the in-person classes for the school) will reply to all questions with explanations, supporting documents, and real-world examples.
Where American Realty Academy Could Improve
We know that some students crave variety in their instructional experience. If you don’t want to sit in front of 90 hours of modules presented in the same format, consider our top pick, The CE Shop. Since they’re a national real estate education company, they have more resources to produce professional instructional material.
Try American Realty Academy
American Realty Academy offers top-notch instructor support. Check them out if you want the convenience of online education but still want access to a high-quality resource who will answer your questions about the material.
Best School for Additional Exam Prep: Mbition
Unfortunately, Mbition does not yet provide prelicensing courses for Arizona. The company made our list because we love their exam prep materials—especially the top-tier package.
Mbition’s National Master Exam Prep Package uses technology to create a tailor-made study plan. It keeps track of the questions you miss on the practice test and develops a personalized study plan based on that information.
The top-tier package also includes MathMaster, a lifesaver for students who haven’t taken a math class since high school. This refresher course will make sure you know the concepts required to pass the licensing exam. Additionally, Mbition’s top-tier exam prep package also includes flashcards, test-taking tips, and a course review of agency, contracts, finance, and law.
Mbition Exam Prep Pricing
- National Real Estate Exam Prep – Pearson Vue $59: Even though we recommend the higher-tier package for most students, this one would help people with test anxiety. The sample test you receive in this package mimics the format and timing you’ll face when taking the real-life exam. This test prep package only includes questions from the national part of the exam.
- National Master Exam Prep Package – Arizona $129: This top-tier package includes the tailor-made study plan and the studying toolkit. You’ll receive flashcards, course reviews, test-taking tips, and the MathMaster program.
Our Favorite Mbition Feature: Exam Prep
There’s a lot of good things about Mbition’s exam prep, but we especially love how it keeps track of your progress to make a custom-made study guide. We also love how they back up their product with a guarantee. If you utilize their plan and don’t pass the Arizona state licensing exam the first time you take it, you’ll be refunded the $75 exam fee.
Where Mbition Real Estate Could Improve
Our main problem with Mbition’s test prep material is that it’s not state-specific. Even though the package’s name includes Arizona in the title, the questions only cover material that can be found on the national part of the exam.
For exam packages that cover both state and national topics, consider enrolling with a local company, such as the Arizona School of Real Estate and Business or the Hogan School of Real Estate.
Try Mbition Real Estate
Consider purchasing one of the Mbition test prep packages in addition to your prelicensing coursework. If you want to go into your exam fully confident, Mbition is worth the investment.
Best Online Real Estate School for Making Industry Connections: Arizona School of Real Estate & Business
Arizona School of Real Estate is the oldest school of its kind in Arizona. Even though they’re over 50 years old, they’ve certainly kept up with the times. They offer three different instructional options. You can take the course in an in-person classroom or receive the same instruction from the comfort of your home over Zoom. If you prefer the flexibility of self-paced online learning, they offer that choice as well.
The Arizona School of Real Estate also makes it easy to complete a one-stop shopping experience. The top-tier package includes access to the CompuCram Online Exam Prep system, the VocabCrammer Flashcards, and a six-hour Review-Crammer Course. With all of these study options available, you may find little need to purchase additional material.
While we like how the Arizona School of Real Estate offers flexible learning environments and quite a few test prep options, the reason they made our list is because they host a career expo that will allow you to meet with Arizona brokerages that are hiring beginning agents.
Let’s check out their pricing so you can see how they compare with other online real estate schools in Arizona.
Arizona School of Real Estate Pricing
All of the packages allow you to choose the format that works best for you, whether that’s live in-person, live online, or online classes.
- Basic Package $559: You’ll receive 90 hours of classroom instruction and an invitation to the career expo with this package.
- Career Start Package $599: If you think you’ll need additional review opportunities, you may consider choosing this package. It includes a Review Crammer course as well as access to the contract writing class that you’ll need to take after passing the licensing exam.
- Set for Success Package $699: This includes everything that was in the previous packages, as well as the CompuCram online exam prep and Arizona Real Estate VocabCrammer flashcards.
Our Favorite Arizona School of Real Estate Feature: Career Expo
Although other local real estate schools may offer introductions to brokerages in the area, the Arizona School of Real Estate is the only one to include an invitation to a career expo in their packages. This may only be beneficial if you plan to work in the Scottsdale or Glendale areas.
Real estate salespersons in Arizona must work under a real estate brokerage. Having someone introduce you to brokers who are hiring in your area will help you get started on your career faster.
Where Arizona School of Real Estate Could Improve
While most students were generally happy with the live and livestream courses, they weren’t as impressed with the online content. They cited technical difficulties and little support for the online instruction program.
If you’re looking for quality online education that allows you to go at your own pace, consider our top pick, The CE Shop.
Try Arizona School of Real Estate
Meet professionals from the industry at the career expo hosted by the real estate school. You’ll have to find a brokerage to work in real estate, so you might as well receive the help of your real estate school to find an employer.
Best for Live, Online Instruction: Hogan School of Real Estate
Before we discuss the Hogan School of Real Estate, it might be worth knowing that both the Arizona School of Real Estate and the Hogan School of Real Estate are owned by the same parent company, the Hondros Education Group. This probably explains why they both offer the same exam study program and why their websites look similar.
Even though the same company may own them, the Hogan School of Real Estate has different packages and pricing. They also are consistently cited for having excellent instructors. That’s why we recommend that you consider the livestream online class that Hogan offers.
The school offers daytime classes that last either three or four weeks. They also provide an evening program that lasts eight weeks. You’ll log into the course over Zoom, and the school offers technological support if you need it.
Hogan School of Real Estate Pricing
The Hogan School of Real Estate offers two packages. Here are the details for each package.
- Basic Package $559: You’ll receive access to classes and a book with this basic package. This could be all you need to pass the Arizona licensing exam.
- Career Start Package $659: The upper-level package also includes access to CompuCram online exam prep (also offered by the Arizona School of Real Estate). It also includes the Contract Writing course required to work as a real estate salesperson in Arizona.
Our Favorite Hogan School of Real Estate Feature: Live, Online Courses
Everyone learns differently. If you know you’ll struggle to get through hundreds of slides packed with text or cartoon videos explaining the different types of mortgages, find a live classroom environment with a dynamic teacher. With Hogan, you’ll be able to experience a classroom with a rotating staff of instructors from the comfort of your own home.
Where the Hogan School of Real Estate Could Improve
Like the Arizona School of Real Estate, customers seemed to have difficulty navigating through the work-at-your-own-pace online courses. Even though the class has a video component, students complain that the website doesn’t run smoothly. There were also many complaints about the biosignature that’s required periodically to keep maneuvering through the content.
If you become easily frustrated with technology, we think you should take your prelicensing classes through The CE Shop. They offer tech support seven days a week through phone, email, and live chat.
Try Hogan School of Real Estate
If you’ve time during the day, why not enroll in Hogan’s three-week livestream course? Even if you take an additional week to study for the exam using their CompuCram system, you could take your real estate exam within a month. How exciting is that!
Check Out These Other Resources
We know it’s scary choosing an online real estate school. It’s a significant financial investment. Taking classes may also make you nervous, especially if you haven’t been in a classroom in a long time.
Approach your classes with a positive mindset. Know that learning to become a real estate agent will take a lot of concentration and hard work, but you’ve got five excellent online Arizona real estate school options to help you succeed. Good luck in your new career!