It’s rare to find a career that offers a flexible schedule and impressive earning potential without first earning a college degree, but that’s what being a real estate broker in Oregon can get you. The steps to becoming a real estate professional are straightforward, and they start with getting your prelicense education.
From the comfort of your own home, you can enroll in an Oregon real estate school and learn what you need to know to enter this exciting and often lucrative industry. You may have already done a quick search of online real estate schools in Oregon and have become overwhelmed with all the options available. Let’s sort through the top options so you can make the best choice for you.
5 Best Online Oregon Real Estate Schools in 2021
|Online Real Estate School||Our Top Pick For|
|Mbition||(Best Overall) |
Using adaptive technology to prepare you for the real estate exam
|The CE Shop||Assisting new agents by offering career resources|
|AYPO Real Estate||Offering video instruction|
|Train Agents Online||Affordability|
|Online Ed||Offering an audiobook version of the course|
Tip: A New Real Estate Professional in Oregon Is Called a “Broker”
Most states’ real estate licensing departments use the word “broker” to classify professionals who are managing other agents and running their own businesses. Usually, a “broker” requires extra education, experience, and training; however, Oregon is one of the rare exceptions where a newly licensed real estate professional in Oregon is called a real estate broker.
Your first step to become a real estate broker is to take 150 hours of courses. Enroll in one of these Oregon online real estate schools, and you can start learning about types of mortgages, real estate law, and other topics that you’ll be required to know as a broker.
Best Overall Online Oregon Real Estate School: Mbition
Mbition (previously OnCourse Learning) is our top choice for online Oregon real estate schools. They offer entry-level education courses for dozens of states, so they’ve got online instruction down to a science. You’ll like their easy-to-follow online format, and you’ll also appreciate that they have some of the best test prep material in the real estate industry.
Not only do their test prep resources cover both the national and state-specific questions you’ll be asked on the exam, it does so using adaptive learning technology. After you go through a series of preliminary questions, the program will determine which subjects require additional study and will help you create a study plan that meets your needs, allowing you to be more efficient with your study time.
Let’s learn more about the packages that Mbition offers, so you can be sure that you pick one that includes this state-of-the-art test prep material.
- Silver Solution $429: This entry-level package is perfect for someone looking for the basic instructional material that’ll allow you to sit for the Oregon real estate broker exam. It also comes with flashcards, exam tips, and access to a certified instructor.
- Gold Solution $489: For $60 more, you’ll receive access to Mbition’s exceptional test prep materials, which will help you study for the state and national parts of the real estate broker exam. Mbition must be pretty confident in their ability to teach you what you need to know because they’ll pay for your second real estate exam if you don’t pass the first time.
- Platinum Solution $579: If you think that you’ll struggle to learn without having access to textbooks, you might consider Mbition’s Platinum Solution. For $90 more than the Gold Solution, you’ll receive a book bundle that covers all the information you need to know to pass the broker exam.
We recommend Mbition’s Gold Solution. It’s not the least expensive, but you’ll receive everything you need to pass the Oregon real estate broker exam.
Our Favorite Mbition Feature: Adaptive Exam Prep Materials
If you’re still working your day job while taking real estate classes, you don’t have a ton of extra time to study for the real estate exam. To make your review time as efficient as possible, use Mbition’s adaptive technology exam prep materials. After answering practice questions, the program will pinpoint the areas where you need additional study time.
Where Mbition Could Improve
Most online real estate schools present the material you need to know on text-heavy slides or short animated videos. Mbition is no exception. If you’d prefer to learn from an instructor on a video, check out AYPO Real Estate.
Mbition has an easy-to-navigate format and excellent test prep materials. Sign up for Mbition’s Gold Solution, and you can start learning about your new career in a matter of minutes.
Best Online Real Estate School to Offer Career Resources: The CE Shop
Even though Mbition was our top pick of Oregon online real estate schools, The CE Shop was a close second. We particularly like that they offer career resources and instructor-led webinars no matter which package you choose. They’re relatively affordable and offer exam prep materials and a pass guarantee with three of their four packages.
The “CE” in the name of the company stands for “continuing education.” Since the CE Shop specializes in post-licensing education, you can purchase a prelicensing package that’ll provide you with all the education you need for the next several years.
The CE Shop Pricing
The CE Shop offers four levels of prelicensing packages for Oregon.
- Courses Only $429: We know that the name of this package sounds like you’ll only receive the 150 hours of prelicensing courses, but this isn’t entirely accurate. You’ll also get many other resources like digital flashcards, brokerage interview advice, and other career resources to help you find your niche.
- Standard Package $489: For an additional $60, you’ll receive exam prep materials that’ll help you pass the broker exam plus everything in the Courses Only package.
- Value Package $529: Grow your business with The CE Shop’s Value Package. The additional cost with this package gives you access to business-building courses specifically designed for new agents.
- Premium Package $679: If you want to pay for all of the real estate courses you’ll need for the next three to four years, check out this premium package. It also includes the continuing education courses that you’ll need to renew your license.
Our Favorite The CE Shop Feature: Career Resources
You’re not going to learn how to find clients or use social media to expand your business from your 150 hours of prelicensing courses. Instead, you’ll learn what the State of Oregon requires you to know to help a resident buy and sell real estate.
The CE Shop offers three business-building courses in their top two level packages called “Building Your Sphere,” “Building Your Real Estate Business,” and “Is Commercial Real Estate For You?” that will help you gain the knowledge necessary to launch your career, not just pass your test.
Where The CE Shop Could Improve
Like most of the other schools on the list, The CE Shop’s least expensive package is well over $400. Keep in mind this won’t be your only expense for getting licensed. If you’re looking for a more affordable school, consider Train Agents Online.
Try The CE Shop
If you can afford the upper-tier packages offered by The CE Shop, they’re worth it. They’ll not only help you learn your license, but they’ll also give you the resources to succeed in your career.
Best Oregon Real Estate School With a Video Instructor: AYPO Real Estate
AYPO (At Your Pace Online) Real Estate is headquartered in Oregon. Even though most of their courses are for salespeople who need to renew their license, the company also offers the 150 hours of prelicensing classes that you need to take to become a new broker in Oregon.
We like AYPO’s video-based materials. Many online real estate schools offer instruction through text-heavy slides. Even though you’re still receiving instruction via your computer screen at home, it’ll at least be presented to you by a person.
They also offer a downloadable (and printable) PDF of their course outline, so you’ve a place to take notes and refer back to when studying for the broker exam.
AYPO Real Estate Pricing
At Your Pace Online offers two state-approved packages for your prelicensing education.
- Oregon Real Estate Broker Pre-License $389: An instructor will present the information you need to know to become a real estate broker in a series of videos. You can test your knowledge periodically with the seven lesson tests. Exam prep packages can be purchased at an additional cost.
- Oregon Deluxe Real Estate Broker Pre-License $449: The only difference between this package and the previous one is that it includes a test simulator and a downloadable PDF of the course outline. Not much information is given on the format of the test prep material that they provide. You may want to pay the additional $60 if having a place to take notes is important to you.
Our Favorite AYPO Real Estate Feature: Instructional Format Variety
AYPO’s instructor, Sheri Wytcherley, presents the course material through interactive and animated slides. If you’re an auditory learner who knows that it’d be a struggle to learn boring material by reading a series of slides, AYPO might be the right school for you.
Where AYPO Real Estate Could Improve
Most schools include exam prep materials in their prelicensing packages. AYPO, on the other hand, requires you to pay extra for exam prep.
We think that Mbition’s exam prep can’t be beat. As an alternative to AYPO, consider Mbition. Keep in mind that you can purchase Mbition’s exam prep packages separately from the prelicensing education courses.
Try AYPO Real Estate
Since AYPO is located in Oregon, they’re particularly dedicated to offering top-notch, state-level support. Check them out if you want to listen to the instruction instead of reading it.
Most Affordable Oregon Real Estate School: Train Agents Online
If you’re confident in your ability to learn no matter how the information is presented, why not choose the least expensive school available? Train Agents Online Real Estate School offers three Oregon prelicensing packages—all less than $400. Plus, all three packages go on sale periodically (at up to 25% off). If you catch a sale, you’ll be able to enroll in classes for as low as $250.
Train Agents Online also understands that some students aren’t very confident in their math abilities. They’re one of the few online Oregon real estate schools that offers a math tutorial that’ll help you breeze through the math questions on the state exam.
Train Agents Online will pay for your next test if you fail the licensing exam the first time you try. Here’s the breakdown of their three packages.
Train Agents Online Pricing
- Silver Oregon Broker $329: This entry-level package includes the basic course, and at only $329, it’s the most affordable on our list.
- Gold Oregon Broker $379: Would you feel a little more confident going into the test if you had access to exam prep material? This package includes national and state-level questions that’ll test you on your memory and understanding of real estate topics.
- Platinum Oregon Broker $399: This top-tier package includes specialized math assistance. It also comes with the promise that they’ll pay for your next exam should you need a retake.
Our Favorite Train Agents Online Feature: Affordability
Train Agents Online courses are a great value. You’ll learn everything you need to know for a new career for less than $350. Plus, you’ll have access to live, online instructors who can answer any questions you may have about tricky material.
Where Train Agents Online Could Improve
Train Agents Online doesn’t offer career resources to new real estate brokers. If you’re OK paying a little more for your prelicensing education as long as it comes with help to establish your career, check out The CE Shop.
Try Train Agents Online
If you’re ready to start a real estate career without a huge financial investment, consider Train Agents Online.
Best Oregon Real Estate School That Offers Read-along Audio: OnlineEd
OnlineEd has been offering educational courses in a variety of industries for a couple of decades. While they only offer one package for prelicensing education in Oregon, you can purchase some interesting add-ons, such as read-along audio material, that may make learning the material a bit easier.
They also offer (for an additional fee) the Earth Advantage Broker Accreditation Course. Most Oregonians want to do whatever is necessary to protect the natural beauty of their state. This optional accreditation will teach you about green construction techniques and features that your clients may ask about when looking for a home.
OnlineEd’s courses were created by actual Oregon real estate brokers. Here’s what the package includes:
- Online Real Estate Broker Pre-License Training Course Package $439: Besides the 150 hours of coursework, you’ll also receive the downloadable e-book, instructor support, a practice test with a test simulator, and coaching tips.
Our Favorite OnlineEd Feature: Read-along Audio Options
Some people struggle when an online class is too text-heavy. OnlineEd allows you to pay extra for a read-along audio guide. Reading and listening to complicated material will help you learn it easier and faster.
Where OnlineEd Could Improve
While OnlineEd may provide you with the education you need, their website design doesn’t inspire much confidence. Its dated design needs to be updated, and it may distract you from your learning experience.
OnlineEd may not have the fanciest website, but they’re the only real estate school that offers Read-Along Audio and the Earth Advantage Accreditation Course as a part of their prelicensing education. Learn more about these add-on opportunities by visiting their website.
Other Resources From The Close
Any of the online real estate schools you choose from our buyer’s guide will provide you with quality instruction, but choosing your Oregon real estate school and completing your 150 hours of coursework is only one step in getting your license. For a more complete picture of the entire process, check out our article, “How to Get an Oregon Real Estate License in 8 Easy Steps”.
If you’re looking for more information about the major national companies on our list (Mbition and The CE Shop), head over to our nationwide guide for the best online real estate schools; check out how they stand up against the other players in the space and read our further analysis.